Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Take Flight

Hello again blogworld!! Just as happy today to be posting for Viva Las Vegastamps as I was 2 weeks ago!!

I know I ranted and raved about the Miracle Tape that Viva Las Vegastamps! has to offer already, so this week I thought I'd show you something super fun to do with it. No.. it's not using it as an adhesive, believe it or not... or at least not in the traditional sense.



On these week's project I took the 1/4 inch tape and striped a piece of white cardstock evenly. After removing the protective plastic piece I poured fine black embossing powder all over it. Works better than ink if I say so myself! I then heated the powder and viola:


(My very own gorgeous EMBOSSED pinstripe background!)

I want to point out the gorgeous stamp I used on this piece, also from Viva Las Vegastamps!; this fantastic Balloon (3x3.25") item 15950. - I also embossed the balloon.. look at all the detail on that baby!! Imagine if it was just ink and not embossed, such a great great CLASSIC image!

Item #15950 from VIva Las Vegastamps!
Other products used; a doily, DCWV paper, plain cardstock, a dymo label maker, distress ink, tulle, 3d dots, eyelets, and embossing powder. I based this card off of the weekly sketch that I host at my own blog; UmWowStudio.

Thanks so much for stopping by this week!! -DeeDee

P.S. Don't forget about the blog candy when Viva Las Vegastamps reaches 125 followers!! only THREE more days to go!!

4 comments:

Stampo said...

Great Steampunk card!

Laura said...

I love it!!! Holy moly I need some of that magic tape!!!! Gorgeous!!!
laura

Stampersue said...

Great Idea - I'm off to play.

Stampersue
X

Proxxon Tools said...

love the steampunk card and great way to use that Miracle tape.. love it..