Friday, May 18, 2012

Route 66

I have been wanting to use my VivaLasVegaStamps! Roue 66 stamp for the LONGEST time and since the Swimsuit Lady looked like she was ready for a summer road trip, I thought it was a great combination.


 I have this great book of maps from Turkey so I cut out a page and attached it to the front of an upcycled card with gel medium. Next I stamped my Swimsuit lady onto a piece of watercolor paper using Distress Ink in Black Soot and cut her out with an Xactto. I painted my lady with Neocolor II water color crayons and Prismacolor Colored Pencils. I colored all of her accessories using glitter gel pens, then finished off her lips and eyes with Prismacolor markers.

 

 I stamped my Route 66 stamp onto watercolor paper using Fired Brick Distress Ink, cut it out, then colored in the sign with blue and silver glitter gel pen. I printed my quote then aged the paper with Distress Ink in Tea Dye. I attached my text and images to the map using gel medium. Even though I now have a great card to use whenever I need it, I like it so much I may just glue it closed and attach a ribbon to the back and hang it up as a reminder to myself :D

See more of my work on my blog.

4 comments:

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Love this creation. I have that Route 66 stamp and have been scratching my head as how to use it. Was never a girl into Barbies - but my Mom had that exact one. Thanks for bringing back memories of the good ole' days : )

Anonymous said...

Great card, great way to use that stamp and the background is fab, love the sentiment

Lyneen said...

LOVE the card!!!

LeslieRahye said...

Great project Edie! Love the swimsuit girl and the route 66 sign!