Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sew Much Fun Scrapbook Layout



 Each summer, for the last 3 summers, my son and I have attended the annual 4H sewing camp. Even though he is often the only boy at the camp, this is something he looks forward to doing every year with me. He takes to camp the 1930s Singer Featherweight that my mother took with her to college to sew and that I learned to sew on! It's a fabulous machine and Will has sewn award winning projects on it!  I knew immediately these Viva Las Vegastamps! were perfect for this layout! I hope you enjoy!
For this project you will need:

Distress ink pads 
[Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen & Old Paper]
Versamark
Bazzill white cardstock
dry soft brush and stipple brush
ribbon & hardware

The background of the layout was constructed on a piece of white card stock. I stippled on layers of the lighter Distress inks and then stamped the entire background with the machine and notions stamps with the Versamark pad. I dusted the stamped watermarks with Viva Las Vegastamps! Ultra High Gloss Embossing Powder and heat embossed the images. I then stipple over the tops of the images focusing attention on the edges with the darker ink. I spritzed the entire page with water to subdue the color and wiped the tops of the embosses images. I then dried the entire page with my heat tool--re-warming the embossed places so that they would "hold on" to dry mica powders. I then dusted the images with Terri Sproul Mixers and wiped off the excess residue.
Next I created a simple background my rubbing the Antique Linen directly onto a page. I swirled a bit of Walnut stain into the background creating a marbled look. After drying that piece completely, I stamped with the walnut ink the tape measure stamp on the skinnier strip and the spools and tape measure on the journal box. Both stamped pieces were immediately dusted with embossing powder and heat set. 
Finally I heavily edged the journal square with my ink and dusted it with embossing powder as well to give that extra aged look.
The matte behind the photo was created by simply adding Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap directly to the paper and Stippling some Walnut Stain around the edge for emphasis. The ribbon was colored with the distress inks and a ribbon slide was added to the top ribbon to highlight the word sewn.
Thank you for looking at my scrapbook page! I hope you enjoy it. For more scrapbooking ideas, visit my blog!

2 comments:

Lyneen said...

Great post... love the layout!!!

Carly said...

Lovely and so special!

xoxox Carly