Thursday, July 05, 2012

Happy Independace day...a few days late!

Okay I know the Fourth of July was a couple days ago but, when I saw Uncle Sam stamp in my first pound of Rubber I had to make something patriotic.

I made this tag back in April when I was I first got my first pound of rubber in my DT kit. And surprisingly I remember how I did it. Thanks to a few takes  when I doing a youtube video on it. :P

I took a small tag about 4 1/2 by 2 1/2 in size. I painted a layer of white craft paint. After that dried I painted a layer of red craft paint. While it was still wet, I took a star template and put right on the tag. I spritz some water on it. Let it sit for a few seconds. With a paper towel and the stencil is still on the tag, wipe the paint off where the stencil is showing the paint. It reveals the white under layer. After that dried. I did the same thing of what I did to the red layer, but using Blue craft paint and a circle stencil from Crafter's Workshop.

On white cardstock I stamped Uncle Sam. I colored him in with water color.  I added some glitter to his band of his hat and to his hair. I popped him with foam tape and attached it to the tag. I looked in my stash of Alphabet stickers and found my set with the flag. The "U" is really an "N" just turned upside down. I had the trim of red and white strips and blue trim and white stars trim. I cut a little bit of each to the with of the tag and glued them to each other and glued that to the back of the tag.  I then took some ribbon that I dyed with some Ruldof Nose Red Starburst spray and tied it to the tag.


Items used:
4 1/2 by 2 1/2 manila tag
white craft paint
red craft paint
blue craft paint
circle template by Crafter's Workshop
stars template
strip and stars trims
ribbon
alpha stickers
water colors
foam tape

Stamp used 


So earlier in the week (Sunday) I made another tag. It is another 4th of july themed tag, so I thought I add it to this blog post. :)


Tag started out as white. I took the diamonds Sizzix embossing folder and spayed some Rudolf's Nose red Starburst spray inside of the folder. I put the blank tag inside the folder and ran it through my big shot. while that dried I stamped Statue of Everything on White cardstock. Colored her in with Prisma's color pencils. I know she looks kinda like an alien, than the petina look I was going for. :P After I cut her out I placed her on the tag. Looked kinda boring and plain still. I dabbed a little bit of blue craft paint on my craft mat, watered it down a bit. I took a paint brushed and splatted some of the paint on there. I did the same with white craft paint. I then attached her with foam tape. I wanted to put what was said on Lady Liberty's book, but all it was on there was a date. So I went online and found the poem of "Give me your tired, your poor...."  Wrote it out in word and the font I used was old english. printed it and cut it into strips and peices, and glued with gloss accents. I edged the tag in Blue Memories ink pad. I used some trim I have in my stash for the top of the tag.



Items used:
White tag
Rudolf's nose red by Lindy's stamp gang
Sizzix embossing folder
Big shot
Blue and white craft paint
paint brush
Blues memories ink pad
Black Memento ink pad
prisma color pencils
Foam tape
Scissors
Cotton trim

Stamped used

1 comment:

Candace Jedrowicz said...

Love them both!