Friday, August 17, 2012

You're a doll

Today's post I thought I do some art dolls. The bodies are tags that I die cut using the Tags Sizzix die, with using paper that embossed with the Cuttle bug embossing folders in the retro 50's that  I was RAK'ed . I looked through my Viva Las Vegastamps! for the right stamps to use for them.



This one I  painted the tag with a little bit of french vanilla craft paint and a little white craft paint. let it dried and then sanded so the design would pop. The legs are from Grunge Board Elements. One is an arrow and one is a hinge that I chopped the decorative bits off. I glued the arrows with Aleen's tacky glue. I find that is the only glue that the grunge board will work. The wings are from the negative from the same Grunge board set, using it in a stencil as you will see in the rest of the art dolls.  I set the now stencil over a piece a paper. I then traced the designs I wanted to use, just to make it easier to cut out so I can see. I took some of my Lindy's starburst sprays and sprayed some color on the paper. I cut them out and glued them on the back of the tag.  I stamped Victorian lady with flowered hat on white card stock with a brown Vivid ink pad. Colored her with my Prisma color pencils. 



The wings for her I used a red and yellow sprays, making some bits orange. Again I stamped Victorian lady with hat on Brown Vivid ink pad. colored her with prisma color pencils. The legs are arrows that I painted black. Glued the wings and head with glossy accents and the legs with Aleen's tacky glue.


This one is probably my Favorite of the 4. I stamped the Smiling baby on kromecote using a Versafine Black ink pad. Embossed using Ultra High Gloss Embossing powder. Colored the face using Prisma colored pencils. The crown is another part of the elements grunge board that I was now using as a stencil. I sprayed some black and other colors. The arms and legs are Grunge board arrows, that I painted black. They are actually 2 different sets. one is dots and the other is swirls.



This one is another favorite. Used the same smiling baby. I put a different crown on her. Glued the last of my grunge board arrows on her too. I stamped the Striped butterfly using black Versafine ink pad on the kromecote. I pained the wings using the Artist loft watercolors. I then added some shimmer using the pearlesent water colors.


Items used
Brown vivid ink pad
craft paints
cardstock
embossing folders
various sprays
Grunge board elements
Versafine Black ink pad 
Prisma color pencils
Glossy accents
Aleen's tacky glue

Stamps used:

3 comments:

happyDiane said...

Fantastic work! Love all 4 of your artdolls!

annette.mccarty.blogspot.com said...

Sheri, these are just so cute! I really love these ladies, babies and butterflies.

Squiddy said...

What good fun, and how amazing to actually use something up!!!
It is so hard to use The Last of anything :)