Friday, January 11, 2013

He's a Strange Bird



Supplies:

Viva Las VegaStamps! image used: 

Bird With Worms 2 1/4 x 3

Wild Paper 300 lb 8x10
Black Marker 
Dylusions Ink Sprays-London Blue, Pure Squeezed Orange, Bubblegum Pink
Stazon Inkpad-Midnight Teal 
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Acrylic Paint-Purple Palette, Dab o yellow
Faber-Castell Big Brush-White


I'm not sure where this idea came from, lol.  I was trying out some paper for a review, and had smeared some yellow paint (there was another color in the brush, that I forgot to keep note of) and sprayed with Dylusions. 


I stamped one of Mary Vogel Lozinak's wonderful images, Bird with Worms, and was wondering what I wanted to do next. 


The expression on that bird's face.... I'm not sure if it's one of indecision--"Which worm do I eat first?" or guilt-"These worms is so cute. But I'm going to eat them, anyway!"  At any rate, he looks like he might be calling on strange forces to help him out.  So I grabbed a black marker and echoed the shape of the bird.  Because ultimately, he's calling on himself for answers.



The paper has a deep tooth so I was able to let the paint show through in some places just by using lighter pressure.



To marry the light and dark portions I dabbed on some purple acrylic paint and then spotted white around the stamped image.

Check out the VLVS! Store for all your stamping needs and the  VLVS! Blog for new projects and news every day. Follow VLVS! as the VLVS! Forum - VLVS! FB - VLVS! Pinterest - VLVS! Twitter.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is crazy awesome!

Mandy said...

Seem awsome

kristie said...

This is so cool!!