Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Girls Weekend | Art Journaling & Dr. Who


This weekend I had a great opportunity to sit with my favorite arty girl and art journal while we had a marathon Dr. Who showing--love Netflix. My Fancy Pants is very much a SciFi fan and Dr. Who is among her favorites. She and I both were thrilled with the January release of stamps which included a T.A.R.D.I.S. [AKA Police Box]. I knew this would be perfect for lots of applications in my life including scrapbooking, cardmaking and journal pages. 
I used a combination of Niji Pearlescent Watercolors and Derwent Inktense pencils to create my base  on Kraft Cardstock--this will be "tipped in" to my art journal at a latter date. While the base was drying, on a scrap of Black Cardstock I painted a coat of blue pearlescent paint. I then coated my stamp with the opal colored pearlescent paint and stamped on top of my cardstock scrap. This was set aside to dry and then trimmed. I love the look of dimension that is achieved with these paints and this stamp.
Miracle Tape was used to create my Chevron Tissue Tape and my antique paper sentiment. I hand-journaled about our girls weekend to finish off the page.

For this project :
Black and Kraft Cardstock
Tissue Paper and Book Paper remnants
Black Paris Trunk Ink
Niji Watercolors & Derwent Inktense



Thank you for looking! ~leslierahye

7 comments:

VicR said...

COOL, LeslieRahye :)
Love the technique & look you got with the police box -- I just got that stamp!
Awesome circular BG too (in my head I'm hearing the theme music to the Twilight Zone - lol)
tfs

Sandra Strait said...

This fangirl loves your Whovian project!

Fab said...

Very cool and the tardis is really grooving it :) X Fab

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Guess WHO loves this...I do!!! Great art journal page :)

Tambo said...

This is a cool technique! It makes me think of the Wizard OZ sort of like the house going up inside of a tornado and what it would like fro the inside. Very nice! tfs Tami

Unknown said...

This is so cool I need to send it to my GF! :) Thanks

Ziggyeor said...

Yup she sent it and now I need that stamp, and maybe watch the other DVD I have of Doctor Who that I took from the library :)