Saturday, March 16, 2013

Just My Type!

I don’t usually hear voices but sometimes I see a stamp and it calls out to me. In this case, it actually wrote me a typed message that read - Take me home, you need me EllenBee. And so I did. And it now happily resides in a cigar box labeled VLVS.

To celebrate the arrival of this wonderful Vintage Hammond Typewriter Ad Stamp I decided to make a Vintage/Retro Secretary Album.


Supplies
Vintage Hammond Typewriter Ad Stamp
High Gloss Embossing Powder
Miracle Tape
Graphic 45 Kraft Envelope Album
Graphic 45 Communique Paper
Washi Tape
Kraft and Black Paper

Directions
I started this easy project by lining each page with Kraft paper and then adding a slightly smaller piece of patterned paper over that. Then I stamped out the image on a small piece of Kraft paper and used the VLVS gloss powder to emboss. I next attached a strip of Washi tape on the bottom of the page and made a pocket using the Black paper and Miracle Tape. To that I added the stamped/embossed typewriter image. Pictures never do it justice but in person it is shiny – just like a new typewriter.

No comments: