Monday, May 06, 2013

By Air...Happy National Transportation Month!

This is National Transportation Month!! Viva Las Vegastamps! has bunches of fabulous stamps to celebrate with . I love steampunk and have been working on a transportation-themed mini album for a special blog hop later this week. One of the pages in the album features several transportation-themed stamps from VLVS! This page in my mini album focuses on travel by air. In a steampunk world, there are several options for air travel and hot-air balloon is probably my most favorite.

In this page I stamped the balloon images on drawing paper with brown pigment ink. I colored over the paper with alcohol ink to "age" it. I mod-podged the images onto my patterned paper background and spot-stamped the definition on top of the background and images with black pigment ink.
For an added embellishment, I added a sprocket chipboard piece covered in paper and stamped with the dictionary page as well. Hot Off the Press Steampunk Dazzles completed my page. I hope you enjoyed my project. Be sure to check my blog on Wednesday to see the completed book and links to several steampunk artists as they celebrate National Transportation Month with me Steampunk Style!
for this project you will need:

Antique Mod Podge
Brown and Black pigment ink
Leaky Shed Studios Chipboard Album and Sprockets
Hot Off The Press Dazzles
Prima Craftsman Collection
Drawing Paper
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Pens

2 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Wow! You've outdone yourself!

Salla said...

Neat page!