Tuesday, July 09, 2013

A New Face..

Good Morning Everyone..
 Karen here with you today, for my very first DT post with VLVS! - I have to say I'm both a little excited and nervous..

Just a few little bits of info about me:  I live in Queensland , Australia with my hubby and our son. I love to create , and have been now for the last 10 years or so.
 
so I'll just jump in feet first, and we'll see how it goes..
 
 My very first project I have to share with you today is a tag.
 
 
 
 
 
I have used four different VLVS! on this tag..

Blowing Dandelion by Susan M. Brown
Don't Follow Your Dreams
Leafless Tree
Dictionary Page

And a here are the steps I used to make my tag..

Step 1 : I inked my tag with my chosen colours and did 2 rows of  machine stitching around the outside of my tag. If you don't have access to a sewing machine this Triple Line stamp would be perfect to stamp around the outside.

 
Step 2: Because I wanted to add in a photo, I chose my photo, and cut a small piece of cardstock to use as a matt for it. I inked and stamped my matting card with the dictionary page stamp, I then stamped just the top half of the leafless tree all the way along the bottom of my tag, and the dandelion seeds randomly on the right hand side of my tag.
 
 
( at this stage you could also machine stitch around your photo and matt if desired, I did this after I had assembled my tag, it would be much easier to do at this stage.)
 
Step 3:  To finish off my tag, I stuck down my matt and photo using miracle tape. Stamped the '"Don't Follow your dreams" image on a piece of card stock , cut it out and inked the edges. I used foam tape to stick it to my tag, to add another layer of dimension My last touch was to add in a piece of seam binding in the hole in the side of the tag.. and I was done.
 
 
I hope you've enjoyed my very first post, Thank you so much for stopping by today, See you again soon.. Happy Stamping 
 
Karen xxx
 
 

 

5 comments:

VicR said...

Awesome tag, Karen!

Sandra Strait said...

Beautiful work!

Julie S said...

Bravo, Karen! This is a fabulous tag.

Jean Bullock said...

I can understand your excitement but not your nervousness. This is a wonderful tag. I pinned it. http://pinterest.com/pin/415386765601498338/

by belle said...

This tag is beautiful! Perfect picture for the dandelion stamp!