Sunday, April 27, 2014

Wheeling in with Spring Color

wheelie man full card2
Hello stampers! It's Amy here today share a card I've made, with lots of springy bright colors. I'm happy when I see it, and that's a good thing.
wheelie man arrows and cirlce

I started my project by layering on two haphazardly cut squares of pretty patterned paper. I inked the edges of one paper, using walnut ink, and both edges were inked with Archival Ink in coffee. These were adhered with Miracle Tape. I tapped on a little bit of green mist, and then stamped the Arrow 3/4x1 1/2,and Chevrons 1x1 1/2, directly onto the paper, using pink and silver inks. I stamped with green ink and the chevron stamp onto a separate paper,and fussy cut this out, inked the edges, and adhered with miracle tape. The final bit of the layers of stamping was to stamp the color wheel lines stamp in the bottom corner, and the wheel from the Wheeley Monocle Face slightly off the page.

wheelie man, arrows close

I dyed my own seam binding ribbon with the green and brown walnut inks, dried it, and adhered it using miracle tape on the back. To the tied ribbon I added some baker's twine for extra pizzaz.;) I sprayed the Prima flower with mists, adhered, and added the chipboard and metal pieces.
wheelie man, close
Finally,I colored on the wheeley monocle face stamp with a Faber-Castell Big Brush Pen in black, and then swiped on some radiant neon ink in electric pink....to give some va-va-voom to his hat, eyes, and monocle, and stamped that baby onto some heavy cardstock. I fussy cut him out, and popped him onto the paper, using foam dots. And voila! A fun, springy, and special card to pop into the mail for a friend!

Thanks so much for having a look today! I hope you were inspired to start stamping up a storm! :)
<3 Amy

Supply List:
Viva Las VegaStamps!: Wheeley Monocle Face, Arrow 3/4x1 1/2, Chevrons 1x1 1/2, color wheel lines
Ink: Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts-Delicata Silver, Radiant Neon in Electric Pink,Green
Paper: 7 Dots Studio-Messy Head
Pen: Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft, Big Brush Pen in Black.
Chipboard: UmWowStudio
Flower: Prima
Mist: Imagine Crafts-Walnut Ink in Eucalyptus, Java; Lindy's Stamp Gang-Midnight Teal Starburst; Heidi Swapp Color Shine-Teal Other: Seambinding, baker's twine, metal gears

1 comment:

by belle said...

This card is enough to make anyone happy!! Lovely!