Friday, September 19, 2014

GDT : Marilyn Hughes

Hello everyone!  Marilyn back with you today with a journal page I created.  I fell in love with one of the recent plate releases (Plate 1444) and just had to use the stamps.



  
Stamps Used:

Other Supplies:
Art Anthology Lemon Tart, Fiji, Kona & Basil Velvet
UmWow Studios Clouds & Star Confetti
Prima Stencil Crackle 12x12
Distress Paint Picket Fence & Brushed Pewter
Distress Ink Broken China
Distress Stickles Dry Glitter Clear Rock Candy
Micron Pen



To start off my journal page, I stamped the Clockface and Flock of Geese with black Archival ink directly onto the white page.  I then masked them off and since I was going for a cloudy, moonlit night-type of background, stenciled over them using a Crackle stencil with Broken China Distress Ink. Next I painted the Clockface with Lemon Tart Velvet (I wanted a glowing effect) and then traced each Roman numeral, the clock hands, and the geese with a Micron pen to make them darker and to help them stand out.  I then painted the clouds with Picket Fence Distress Paint and the starts with Brushed Pewter Distress Paint and adhered them to the page.  It's hard to see in the picture put while the paint on the clouds was still wet, I sprinkled on dry glitter (okay, I'm a glitter fiend & most of my projects have glitter on them).
 
 


At the bottom of the page I stamped the Weathered Tree in dark brown ink and then using a brown marker, added some scribbles to "ground it" to the page (it looked like it was floating in space). I then painted on Kona and Basil Velvets to give the impression of dirt and to add a horizon line. The quote is one I found in a book of quotes that really resonated with the stamps I had chosen. I used the small Scrabble ​Alphabet letters to stamp the saying onto white cardstock which I colored with the a Fiji Velvet and then outlined using my Micron pen followed by a yellow marker. Finally I added a line around the entire page in black and brown marker to give it a frame.


I've had a blast being a Guest Designer for VLVS! and want to thank DeeDee for giving me such an awesome opportunity!

No comments: