Saturday, November 15, 2014

Dreaming of spring Mail Art

Hello, It's me Tera here again with a "dreaming of spring" mail art piece
(Its snowing here in Ohio, and I'm so NOT a winter person!!! I bet you can see why I'm ready for spring again already)


Lets get started...

Stamps Used:

Girl in Princess Costume 

Butterfly Specimens

Line of Grass

Field of Wildflowers


Other supplies: 
Distress Markers
Distress ink: in various greens, and weathered wood for the sky
Black ink of choice

Start by stamping the Girl in Princess Costume in the black ink of your choice, then stamp it again on scrap paper to create a "Mask". place your "mask" over your stamped image to protect it while you work. Next stamp your Line of Grass, and Field of Wildflowers in various greens. 

Along the edge of your envelope stamp your Butterfly Specimens in black ink. Now add your "clouds" by selective "masking" and inking. (remember to leave the center light so you can read the address on your envelope).

After all of your ink has dried, remove the "mask" and use your markers to add color to bring everything to life! 

I hope you are inspired and dreaming of spring along with me!

No comments: