Friday, November 07, 2014

Guest Designer : Corrie Herriman



Today we have the talented Corrie Herriman joining us as a Guest Designer and I couldn't be happier! Her work is so fun and we're glad to have her. 




Hello everybody!

I am very excited to be here as Guest Designer for the month of November.

My name is Corrie Herriman and I live in Venlo in the Netherlands with my hubby. I love art journalling and making tags, cards and ATC's. Mainly I love getting painty and inky ! I hope you will like my contributions this month. My style is mostly colourful with a bit of humour but occasionally I also love doing something in vintage style. If you want to see more of my work please visit my blog at www.MadeByCHook.blogspot.nl.


 
I am very excited showing you the first project I did for my Guest Designer Term here at VivaLasVegaStamps! It is an art journal:


I made this journal with a gelli print as a base. Of course you could paint a background too. Then use stamps and stencils to create more interest. I used the following VLVS! Stamps in the background : 19416 – Waybill/invoice background / 19454 – Grunge 3 / 19456 – Grunge 5 / 19459 – Grunge 8 and a Crafters Workshop stencil with white ink. Next cut some borders from scraps with a die or a punch and tear some book text. Adhere randomly to the page. Doodle around the edges of the page. Stamp main images on separate cardstock, color, cut out and adhere. I reversed the roller skate using tissue paper. Stamp sentiment & adhere. I used the following VLVS! Stamps for this : 19036 – Boy in cape / 19419 – Rollerskate (reversed) / 19414 – Toy airplane.





Her are some close-ups :





I also used the following supplies : Gelliprint made with acrylic paint, StaZon ink, Memento, Hero Arts Unicorn white pigment ink and Distress Inks, TCW stencil : Mini cut circles, Blending tool, Scalloped border punch by Fiskars, Scraps of gelli print & book text, Tissue paper to reverse roller skate stamp, Copic Markers, India Ink for splattering

Hope to see you next time !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prachtig Corrie

luluvision said...

Love it! I have the stamp of the boy too! Love how he is colored!

Riet Harikini said...

Ziet er hartstikke mooi uit.

2amscrapper said...

wonderful background and images

Julie S said...

Fabulous, Corrie!

Nikki W said...

Wonderful project, you really showcased that little boy and his plane. Lovely x