Tuesday, December 02, 2014

VLVS December Inspiration Challenge!

Hello and Happy Tuesday!  Tina here today with my interpretation of the December Challenge!  If you haven't seen the challenge yet, here's a peek at the amazing December inspiration piece!


I wasn't sure what type of project I wanted to create for my inspiration piece - a card, an art journal spread, a layout, or a assemblage type project.  So many options!

After much deliberation, I decided on an assemblage type project.  I used a an Amazing Alterable from Paper Whimsy as the base for my project and used the inspiration image color palette and design as a beginning point.


I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous Blues in the inspiration image, so I layered multiple shades of Shimmerz Paints to achieve the hue I was looking for.  I aged the edges with Distress Ink for a more vintage feel.


Using these 3 Snowflake stamps, I heat embossed the images all over by piece, with white embossing powder.

Small Snowflake
Medium Snowflake
Large Snowflake

(BTW - these snowflakes are part of Plate 887, which is a great Christmas Plate, that includes the ornament shapes in the inspiration image.)

I LOVE how the embossed snowflakes turned out!



Once I was happy with the embossed piece, I added several vintage inspired embellishments to finish it off.





You can't see the detail in the pictures, but there is a subtle stripped image on my background.  Using a stencil, I inked the stripes before I embossed it.  You can see the striped effect in the above image, on the inside of my piece.

We hope you play along with the Challenge this month!  For all of the details, please Click Here!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful December!



No comments: