Friday, April 24, 2015

A Place for Creative Ideas...


Hello everyone! Susan here with a special project combining Viva Las VegaStamps! with Art Anthology. All week we have teamed up with Art Anthology to bring you tons of inspirational creations. Have you been checking in each day to see all the artsy goodness?


So you don't miss anything please be sure you check out these links:



Art Anthology's Website: www.artanthologyinc.com



Since Earth Day is this week, I have decided to decorate this journal that came to my husband as a goodie from the car dealership. It's a blank book, with lined pages – perfect for jotting down ideas and things to remember... BUT it's not me. Enter Art Anthology Gemstones ~ Dimensional Paint in Emerald and Flourite and Colorations Spray in Wild Orchid along with my stash of VLVS! to decorate this journal in my favorite color PURPLE and also to disguise it from the hubs {so he doesn't realize I swiped this out of the recycling bin - LOL}.

In the process of creating my monoprinted backgrounds - I discovered the Art Anthology Gemstones ~ Dimensional Paint works great for a resist technique. Here's what I did...


I started with my Amazing DIY No-Gelatin Printing Plate and set out to make some monoprinted backgrounds using the Gemstones ~ Dimensional Paint. I went with the Emerald first and placed some onto my surface and spread out evenly with a brayer. **A note** When monoprinting you have to work quickly with this paint as it dries quickly. I pressed the "Harlequin Diamond Background #18920" stamp into the wet paint and pulled back making a reverse image. I quickly placed the stamp onto another paper to remove the paint and pressed a paper onto my rubber slab to pick up the design.


This is my first pull from the Art Anthology Gemstones ~ Dimensional Paint in Emerald.

 

There was some leftover paint that dried on the plate, but that's OK. I then sprayed the Art Anthology Colorations Spray in Wild Orchid and swiped the print into the beads of color. I blotted away any excess spray from the green painted areas with a paper towel. 

 

Photo on left is full resist background and on right is an up-close detail.
The texture and color is yummy!


How about another! I blotted off the remaining mist onto a blank paper {nothing goes to waste} and applied some of the Art Anthology Gemstones ~ Dimensional Paint in Flourite and spread out with my brayer, then repeated my steps. 

 

This one is even better!!! Some of the Emerald that was dried on the plate was picked up in this second pulled print. I love the contrast of the monochromatic resist - this will be for the front of my notebook.


I trimmed each to fit and adhered to my cover using Miracle Sheets - makes altering notebooks quick and easy. Using a small paintbrush I added some of the Flourite around the edges to distress and get rid of the white edges... really I just wanted to get my fingers all purple. Now I'm ready for a little inky embellishing with some fun stamps!


"A Place for Creative Ideas"


• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Gemstones ~ Dimensional Paint in Emerald and Flourite
Colorations Spray in Wild Orchid

Other Supplies: white cardstock; recycled notebook; scissors; paper trimmer; small paintbrush; Sakura of America Gelly Roll® Stardust® Pen; and pencil.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Thanks so much for dropping by! Don't forget about the April inspiration board... there's still time to join us and play along with the April inspiration challenge {CLICK HERE for details}. Just make a creation using the inspiration above and your stash of VLVS! stamps... you could win more RUBBER!

If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. Hope you have a fabulous day!!  Sb

15 comments:

Anneke said...

Very inspiring. Thanks for showing Anneke

Sue said...

Oh, this is so cool! I love how you've decorated the cover and made it your "own!"

Kristiina said...

Purple could work well with almost anything! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Susan that is lovely! adding the London Skyline to my wishlist :) thanks!

Sheri said...

That turned out awesome!

C said...

LOVE this Susan...especially all the little details -especially like stamping along the side edge

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments! I really enjoyed making this. "C" - I stamped the spine by pressing the book onto the stamp setting on the table... seemed easier to do that way. :)

Corrie Herriman said...

It is gorgeous Susan ! love it !
Corrie x

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous colour. Gorgeous texture. Just gorgeous. Hugz

by belle said...

Awesome cover!

TangledBlueRose said...

This is fabulous! Love the color and thank so much for sharing the technique! So awesome!~kim

Kat said...

I love that. This may be the push I need to try gelli printing. :)

Jackie PN said...

Susan! What beautiful textures,color and stamping!! Thank you so much for sharing- such inspiration!!!

Tera Callihan said...

Very nice!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Cool project. I love the color combo