Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Watercolor Feather

Hey everyone. It is my turn to share a project with you all. I must say I feel like it has been forever since I have shared with you, but I know that it hasn't. 


So I really love the watercolor stamping technique and thought to share it with you.
So I grabbed my favorite shade of Distress Ink and started playing. 


I started by inking the stamp with the inks. You can do this anyway you want. Try using colors that won't muddle into a brown. I stuck with three colors but you could do this with two as well.  


Then I used a mini mister to spritz it with water.


Look at how awesome the colors are!!!


Then I used the same stamp with some black ink to stamp next to it. 


Not really sure why I did it but I love how it turned out!


Here you can see the sentiment I used had some dimension.... the lighting created the shadows to show some depth. 



Here is a close up. I really love this new stamp!


Thank you so much for stopping by remember to keep coming back for more inspiration!

Stamps used:

3 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely card, Shanna !
Corrie x

by belle said...

Shanna!! I love the watercolor image behind the detailed one!!

Irit Shalom said...

I love this b/w and colors all together! Great work