Friday, October 02, 2015

Pumpkin Flavored Inspiration.

Hello, Mary here, with a bit of inspiration for this month's challenge.  If you haven't seen the inspiration board, hop on over and CHECK IT OUT!

It seems the whole word goes pumpkin crazy this time of year---and I'm no exception!  I've been jonesin' for pumpkin flavored treats of all kinds.  Well, today, I bring you a little something sweet and pumpkin that won't add to your waistline...


The challenge this month has inspired a new tradition for me.  With the creation of this pumpkin, I now want to grow a nice handmade pumpkin patch of my own to spruce up my fall home decor.

I began by cutting out circles in three sizes from a lovely, smooth cotton fabric.  I then stamped stars onto the circles with the Field Of Stars and the Stars images.


I then stitched them to a length of cream colored corduroy with some messy machine stitching with black thread.  I simply sewed the side of the fabric together to make a tube, and gathered each end with a running stitch and stuffed it with filling to create my basic pumpkin shape.

I added a few lengths of May Arts twine to give it a more pumpkin-like shape, and embellished with buttons, beads and sequins along with adding a few leaves and an old spool for a stem.


All in all, I'm in love with my new pumpkin!  And I think with words like---fall oranges, cream, pumpkin orange, black, heritage, home, polka dots, Harvest, farm and pumpkin patch, you can say I was completely inspired by this month's challenge.

Now, go grab your favorite VLVS! rubber, and get your craft on!!

xx Mary

1 comment:

by belle said...

Awesome pumpkin Mary!!