Thursday, December 07, 2017

Art is anything you can get away with.

Hello everyone,

Today I have a tiny little book to show you. Sometimes I just fancy doing something different and one day I made a little booklet from one sheet of 12' x 12' paper. It was lying on my desk when I  thought to cover the outside of it in fabric and next to add gesso to the cover and the pages too. Before I knew it I had stencilled, stamped and doodled on the pages and this little book was born ! I love it and will make more !




Here is the outside. If you want to make one of these books; there are lots of tutorials on the internet and youtube. Just look for 'book from one sheet of 12 x 12 paper'. 

There are 8 double spread mini art journals in this book and here are the photos. 


Spread no. 1
I used an UmWow Studio stencil and Distress Oxides for this. 


Spread 2. Stencil used is by UmWow Studio and I used Distress Oxide Ink.


Spread 3. Stencil by UmWow Studio, used with Distress Oxide Ink.


Spread 4. Stencil by UmWow Studio, used with Distress Oxide Ink. 


Spread 5. Stencil by PaperArtsy used with Distress Oxide ink.


Spread 6. Stencil by UmWow Studio, used with Distress Oxide Ink.


Spread 7. Stencil by UmWow Studio, used with Distress Oxide Ink. 


Spread 9. Stencil by UmWow Studio, used with Distress Oxide Ink. 



Another view of the book. 


And the back. 

I have used a lot of stamps for this book. 




Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 



3 comments:

Hope said...

It's great! Love it!

Judy Iverson said...

Love your little book and all the sayings. My favorite - "Not all who wander are lost".

Sharon Foulk said...

You are so creative! I love each spread, each are separate, wonderful works of art! But all in a little book!