Friday, March 09, 2018

"I Wish You Were Here" scrapbook layout | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone! 
Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project with you. Today I have a mixed media scrapbook layout to share that features lots of delicious painty layers, and (of course) plenty of fabulous stamps! It also features a fun photo that was taken on dress up night at a scrapbook retreat I went to last year.


I took lots of process photos while I created this page so you can see exactly how I put it all together - and perhaps even try creating your own version?

I started with my cardstock and a selection of Flutter Colour acrylic paints. I didn't have any plan when I applied them, I just followed my instinct.


I started applying the paints using a wide brush, allowing each colour to dry before adding the next; then moved on to using my fingers. (Fingers make the best brushes!)


Once all the paint was in place, it was time to pull out my stamps to give my page some structure and depth.
The stamps I used for my background were:
Doodle Circle 


After I had stamped out my background marks, I decided I needed a little colour contrast; so I used my finger to rub a little pink paint into the centre of each circle.


With my background complete, it was time to start adding some focal images to my page that were going to help compliment my photo. I looked through the images I already had stamped onto tissue paper to see what would work with the theme of my page. 
The images I chose were:
Magic Maker Paintbrush

The butterfly was to represent the fact that it was the Flutterby retreat, and the paintbrush was to represent creativity and tie in with the painted background I had created. I adhered my images using an acrylic matte medium.


Once I had the focal images in place, I wanted to add some words to my page. I used the following stamps:
I Wish You Were Here


It was then time to add some texture to my page, so I collaged a few bits and pieces onto my page (torn tissue paper; plasterer's tape; paper doily; cotton thread).


I then added my photo on top, which I mounted onto some scrap cardboard first using Miracle Tape. 
With my photo in place, I then added my handwritten journalling before adding a few random sequins to my page to finish it off.

Here's a closer look at the finished details...





Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to get inky too!


Stamps used:
Doodle Circle
Magic Maker Paintbrush
I Wish You Were Here

Other materials:
cardstock
Staz On ink
Flutterby Designs Flutter Colour paint
Miracle Tape
tissue paper
plasterer's tape
paper doily
cotton thread
sequins
felt pen

2 comments:

KC said...

This is awesome! I love everything about it! And amen fingers are the best brushes!!

Kathy said...

Love this!