Friday, May 18, 2018

Wall Art by Elina

Hi!
A few weeks back I bought myself a new art journal book. It's a small Moleskine sized 3.5" x 5.5" with red hard covers, and with my name printed on the cover. I love it!
Now it was time to create the first page into my new book. Here's how it looks like:



I started with inking the background with a few yellow, orange and brown Distress ink. Once finished, I splashed water drops on the page, picked up the wet ink with a kitchen towel, and dried the page with my heat gun.

Before adding the collage elements on my page, I decorated the page top and bottom with pattern stamps:


For the background brick wall I took a few pages from an old book, and covered partly the printed texts by dabbing yellow, brown and white acrylic paints paints on the page. Once dry, I took out my black StazOn ink, and stamped brick wall images on the paper(s).

I fuzzy cut the stamped images, and cut some parts into smaller pieces. I glued the pieces on the page using matte collage glue and a brush. Re-building the brick wall was just like playing good old Tetris!  :)

I think this page is the perfect start for my new book. And it was so fun to create!



For my project I used the following VLVS! stamps  (click the pictures for more info):




Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: