Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Mermaid magic

Hi there Glenda here with some mermaid magic! I love mermaids so when I saw this gorgeous creature, the 2 x 3 Mermaid, I knew I had to make something special.
I started out by using 4 different alcohol inks in various blues and putting them onto the Kromecote glossy cardstock.


When I was satisfied with how the alcohol inks looked I then took some Mermaid Glimmer Glam and painted it over the alcohol inks.

The next step was to stamp the mermaid stamp onto some white cardstock.
I then used watercolor pencils to color her in and then cut her out carefully
The next step was to take some gold glitter and put some on some white paper. I then put glue onto the kromecote cardstock where I wanted the glitter to be and pressed it into the glitter

so that it looked something like this
I then glued some rhinestones and pearls into the glitter, printed off a quote on my printer and glued that on, stapled some lace pom pom trim on and voila, here is the magical mermaid

Supplies:

Plate 1349 or
2 x 3 Mermaid Stamp
Kromecote cardstock
Miracle tape
May Arts trim
Black cardstock
Gold glitter
Alcohol inks
Glimmer Glaze
Versafine ink
Staedtler watercolor pencils
Rhinestones & pearls
Glue

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on mermaid magic and until next time,


9 comments:

Kersten said...

She's beautiful! :)

Sandra Strait said...

Alluring and magical!

herminesplace said...

Its beautiful, great colours.

Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Love it...it turned out beautiful!

mark gould said...

Great mermaid image, The back ground is beautiful, I love the depth you get with alcohol inks.
I need to check out the glimmer glam
Thanks for joining us at ABAC

Carla said...

absolutely gorgeous...the colors are my fave and I love that chunky glitter...so cool. I need to find some here!

Marit said...

Hahaaa... I saw this stamp and I just KNEW it was something Glenda would love to work with... and so she did! Gorgeous Glenda!!

Julia S-W said...

This is a beautiful little piece. I think the background you've achieved with the alcohol inks works perfectly and the addition of the glitter flakes was a great idea. The sentiment is wonderful too. Love it!
Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But A Card this time and I do hope we'll see you again.
Juliax

butterfly said...

Just saw this featured over at ABAC - congratulations! - and wanted to come and say how much I liked it - beautiful background, and the mermaid's tail looks gorgeous - love the sentiment too!
Alison x